Problem with storage in rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 444gsp, Jul 12, 2013.

1. 444gsp macrumors newbie

My storage status on my MacBook is showing zero gb for all data apart from the 'Other' option, which is showing that it is using all my used data (24gb).

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I have a few songs and movies, and also a lot of photos which aren't showing in the memory storage status.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying that you see 0 free space in Finder or about this mac?

I recommend that you Download and use OmniDiskSweeper. It will provide a sorted list of what's consuming your space. I use this instead of what OSX provides.

3. 444gsp thread starter macrumors newbie

When I go to About This Mac, then select more info and then storage, where it shows you for example how much data your audio, movies , photos and apps are taking up, all my data is currently only being shown under the 'other' option.

4. Bear macrumors G3

This data is taken from the Spotlight database. It means that either Spotlight is turned off, disabled for that disk or the database is corrupt. See Spotlight: How to re-index folders or volumes - do remember that re-indexing a disk takes a while so don't check About this Mac too soon.

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I think 24GB is normal I have about 35GB on this 3 months old rMBP anyway. :apple: