Problem with syncing computer itunes to my iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by curmudgen, Feb 28, 2011.

1. curmudgen macrumors member

Ok so here is the deal. I will try to include relevent info. I have a PC.

I have an iphone4 NOT jailbroken. I have had itunes for several years. I have 12.2gb of music on the itunes on my computer. I have been trying to sync that music onto my iphone. I have tried using the option to copy all music..and I have tried manually manage music...and I have tried sync only checked music and checked it all.

The end result is the same. My iphone syncs and then shows only 4-5gb of music. My movies sync fine, and my podcasts sync fine. However some music just does not sync to my phone! Example is I have Led Zepplin album on itunes...it used to be on phone too. Now its on itunes but will not sync to the phone. I indeed DO have extra space on the phone...this does not seem to be about space on the phone.

I do not get any error messages, it just doesnt happen. I have done a thread search here but have not seen anything to date that addresses my particular problem. Can anyone help me out with some advice?

2. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Ok so regardless of what you do, when sync it won't go on the phone. Because there is a problem with iTunes registering the memory usage wrong. And just make sure you have enuf memory in the first place lol.

Now what I would recommend is to plug your iPhone into iTunes and back up your iPhone. Then once it is done restore it (from your backup of course). Then try again. If that doesn't work, I would try deleting iTunes (it won't delete your stuff 80% sure of that). Then re download it and try again. If this doesn't help go to the apple store.

Hope it helps

3. wacky4alanis macrumors 6502

When you click on the Music tab in iTunes (there are a bunch of tabs, including apps, movies, etc...), there is a checkbox at the top that tells itunes to sync your iPhone's music with your computer's music. Are you sure that is turned on?? if not, iTunes won't touch the music on your phone. It will just leave it as is.