Problem with text messaging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appl3FTW, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Appl3FTW macrumors 603

Appl3FTW

So my brother, sister, and I have a group chat. All of us are iphone owners. My brother uses iMessage. However, my sister disabled her iMessage. Now the problem is that she can send a group chat to us as a text message but I couldn't reply to the group at all. Even if I reply as a text message. I don't get it, i know it wouldn't work as an iMessage because she disabled it but shouldn't send as text message go thru?

I tried sending to another group chat with android and iPhone owners and it works fine. The only problem is when I send a group chat to iphone owners who doesn't have iMessage enabled.

Help this is making me insane.

2. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Maybe try creating a new separate contact for your sister with only her actual phone number and no email associated with that number?

3. bigdaddy223 macrumors regular

Why not just turn on iMessage??

McDonald filet o fish

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

Why do the iPhone owners have iMessage disabled? That's one of the main benefits of iOS.

5. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

FYI, data is required when sending and receiving group messages unless it's an all iOS group message which will work with wifi too.

6. MH01 Suspended

MH01

Cause some have friends outside the apple ecosystem. And iMessage implementation was a total mess when people moved from an iPhone to a non iPhone.

I have it disabled to avoid issues.

The reason I turned mine off and never turned it on again, when my messages would arrive to my iPad but not my phone . Maybe it's fixed now, thoguh really not interested in such a bad experience again.