Problem with the Home button. It sometimes won't work??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by humanresources, Sep 17, 2016.

1. humanresources macrumors regular

So when pressing the iPhone 7 home button you would feel the Taptic Engine right? Well when the very tip of my thumb presses it (my nail and edge of my finger print) it doesn't sense it, I don't feel anything and it feels solid and nothing happens, what gives? My fingerprint can read it? but I can't unlock my ****ing phone!!!!

2. RedOrchestra Suspended

How many gos at it did it take you to find just that one spot where the home button did't work ... this is trifling at it's best.

3. boredoftheworld macrumors 6502

boredoftheworld

How many iPhones did you order/cancel before you got the one you don't like already?

4. humanresources thread starter macrumors regular

4 attempted presses, its uncomfortable cuz your pressing something solid lol. I'm trying to unlock it as I've always been and it's the most comfortable to me

5. gim macrumors 6502

gim

The home button is capacitive. It needs skin contact to let you "press" the button. Has nothing to do with your fingerprint imo.
    Also, the new home button won't work with normal gloves on. Winter is coming!

6. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

The home button has to have skin contact more then a small amount. You nail won't don't it.

7. humanresources thread starter macrumors regular

I just reserved an iPhone 7 Plus black 256gb this morning 8:00, ready for pickup at 12, it's not the iPhone I wanted, I wanted jet black, but at least it's a Plus. I still have 4 reserved.

8. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

Went to the Apple store to play with the phones (since my Plus won't be here till Tuesday) and I enjoy the operation of the home button and the feedback it provides. But I flip and flop between Android and iOS all the time especially with my Nexus 6 that only has onscreen buttons.

9. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

Not sure if you will experience this, but my apple store last night wouldn't sell more than two iPhones to me. Even though they were all registered under the IUP with their own serial and IMEI. Again, it might be a "store" rule at the time but jacked up in my opinion.

10. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Try to adapt. If your thumb nail is getting in the way, cut it.