problem with the home button!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arvind, Mar 25, 2008.

1. arvind macrumors newbie

I recently bought a touch 8 gb .... it was fine until i added music videos to it. later on, the home button stopped working and i tried restoring it and upgraded it to 1.1.2. .... the problem stopped for a while but started again .... i restored it again and upgraded to 1.1.4 but no joy..... can anyone please help me with this???

2. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Yes, return it and get a new one. Sorry to be blunt, but why hassle with it. Just get it replaced.

3. arvind thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep I think that's the only logical solution pal.......but I'd jailbrocken the iPod once ....... I then had to restore it and it was fine before the problems started again.......does my warranty still hold good????

4. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

Welcome to the forums, arvind!

If you restored it it's not likely that Apple knows it used to be Jailbroken.

5. arvind thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you cbrain .......I'll try restoring it again to fix the problem ... If no results yeild, I think I'm left with no option other than getting it replaced.

6. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

The home button is one of the rare mechanical buttons on the Touch. It's possible that you've got a mechanical defect instead of a software defect. A mechanical defect won't be fixed with software/firmware/restores, whatever.

Take your Touch back and get a new one. Yours is most likey defective within warranty.

4D

7. arvind thread starter macrumors newbie

hey thanks everyone...... i went to the stores today , and yes, there was a problem with my ipod...... ill soon be getting it replaced ......... thanks again....rock on!!!!!