Problem with the LTE switch on Verizon iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hh83917, Mar 19, 2012.

1. hh83917 macrumors 6502

I was doing some speed test and turned off my new Verizon iPad's "Enable LTE" switch to test the CDMA speed. When I turn it back on, it still says "Verizon 3G" on the top left corner even though there is LTE signal in my area.

I tried to turn "Cellular Data" on and off, reset the iPad, and even tried "Reset Network Settings" as well. It just wouldn't show the "Verizon LTE" like it used it before I turned off the LTE.

Anyone have any experience with this? :confused:

2. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

Where are you located? I haven not experienced that issue.

3. hh83917 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm located at Arlington, TX.
    I've done speed test before at home and I get around 17/15 on Verizon LTE, so I'm sure it works. And Wifi is definitely off.

Now after I switch off the LTE switch, which said Verizon 3G on top, and switching it back doesn't put me back on LTE, really weird.:eek:

4. Fynd macrumors 6502

What are your apn settings? There's an issue like this with Rogers in Canada. To fix it you need to go in amd change the apn to lteinternet.apn, as it sometimes defaults to the 3G apn.

5. dffdce macrumors member

FWIW - I thought this happened to me too, however LTE came back, it just took a long time, like 30+ seconds.

6. hh83917 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've waited for 10 minutes and it still said 3G instead of LTE.

I have another iPad that I was gong to return, so I cancelled the one I have and swapped the sim card, and registered the brand new sim card, then Verizon LTE appeared again once.

Thanks for the suggestions. I did this before you guys replied on trying to change the APN settings. next time when I have problems again, I will try changing the APN settings. I assume I have to take the Verizon sim card out first for the iPad to show the hidden APN settings correct?

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Silly question. Did you try rebooting your iPad?

My AT&T connection was giving me some grief when I was playing with the LTE switch. A reboot cleared it right up....

8. zzoomp09 macrumors 6502

zzoomp09

it was the same thing with me when i got my replacement, it was 3G and not detecting LTE so i rebooted it and voila! LTE!

9. hh83917 thread starter macrumors 6502

"I tried to turn "Cellular Data" on and off, reset the iPad, and even tried "Reset Network Settings" as well. It just wouldn't show the "Verizon LTE" like it used it before I turned off the LTE."

By "reset" I meant reboot.

10. Disbchris macrumors newbie

I live in Arlington, Tx as well. I own an AT&T model while my brother owns the Verizon and his seems to be very spotty with the LTE.