Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkbluens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
Hi guys,

A few months before i dropped my macbook pro. it was working fine until now. i felt like the screen is vibrating when i open a window. and today it went crazy. i have changed the wallpaper to a white one and now i can see that there are black spots in the screen and there are weird shadows(such as in the dock). i have added a screenshot to show you the problem. i have bought it 2 years ago so i dont have the warranty. what should i do guys?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sullez

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2011
Was the screen open when it fell? This is weird imo to happen months after a computer falls.

darkbluens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
Yes, it was open. I agree, its so weird but there is a small probability that i have not noticed the shaking of the screen until a couple days ago

sullez

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2011
Did it fall on the glass part or the back casing of the screen? and what do you mean by shaking when opening a new window?

darkbluens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
It fall on the back casing. I mean when I open a new window, such as documents, the shadow of the window starts to vibrate. you can see from the ss that window has a weird shadow and actually it vibrates.

Its a glossy screen.

darkbluens

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
Sadly, no :(

I am afraid that I need to change my graphic card in order to solve this problem :S

I have formatted my mac today and reinstalled snow leopard but it didn't work.

And it is so weird that the screen is not broken but there are black spots inside of the screen, I think it is because of the graphic card but I wanted to ask in the forums anyway.

iMacDragon

macrumors 68020
Oct 18, 2008
UK
Sadly, no :(

I am afraid that I need to change my graphic card in order to solve this problem :S

I have formatted my mac today and reinstalled snow leopard but it didn't work.

And it is so weird that the screen is not broken but there are black spots inside of the screen, I think it is because of the graphic card but I wanted to ask in the forums anyway.

If they truly are showing like that in the screenshots, then yes, it's going to be somehow graphics chip/memory related. but it looks very odd, usually such corruption is very different in appearance.

l.a.rossmann

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2009
Brooklyn
What model is this? A hack fix, if it is one of the newer models with two GPUs, is to figure out which GPU is problematic and not use it. Changing between battery saver & full performance setting changes the GPU you are using.

For a real fix, you would need a new logic board, or to have yours refurbished by a place that doesn't use a heatgun and flux.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.