Problem with the touch screen accuracy of my new iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by garycoleman2, Dec 6, 2013.

1. garycoleman2 macrumors member

Below is the description of the problem on the top of the screen. It does not register correctly in the areas I touch. Is it a calibration issue?

[​IMG]

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Are you coming from Android? During my transitions from iOS to Android and Android to iOS, I notice that the digitizer registers touches differently from one to the other. on Android you have to touch directly on buttons or links, whereas iOS it seems you have to touch slightly below the center.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

OP nice graphic!

Mine behaves the same way. My quick thought is that it has more to do with the app and the areas they defined as "buttons". For example, if you have more than one maibox and open the mail app and display your list of mailboxes you can press way down in the grey bar below the word Edit and it registers as pressing Edit. I think it is a misguided attempt to provide a larger target for ease of use.

I haven't noticed it elsewhere but I'll do some poking around. This kind of stuff bugs me so I should have noticed it by now. :)

4. garycoleman2, Dec 6, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013

garycoleman2 thread starter macrumors member

Actually yes I came from android, a galaxy nexus. I like it better but I'm still getting used to the smaller screen.

Even with the weird registers of my 5s, I seem to make less errors with the onscreen keyboard.

----------

Thanks. If it's normal I guess it's something I have to get used to. I'm used to pressing the upper end on android.

5. I7guy macrumors G5

Mine does exactly the same thing. Interesting.

6. WilliamG macrumors 604

7. kh3khalid macrumors regular

Mine does the same. It must be a software issue (from the app itself, not the OS).

8. garycoleman2 thread starter macrumors member

Ok I feel a lot better now that my phone is not screwed up.