Problem with the trackpad???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UltimaLink, Dec 26, 2010.

1. UltimaLink macrumors regular

Ok, I recently got a Macbook Pro for Christmas, I'm getting used to the new things (Keyboard, trackpad, ect.) but I noticed that I can't click down on the top of the trackpad. Is this normal or is it broken?

It seem easier to click down on the trackpad on the bottom, and increases resistance towards the top.

2. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Yes, its normal for it to be like that. Although they say the trackpad is one large button; it has to be hinged somewhere, and that's the top. Apparently its more so with some than others- but its the nature of the beast and not a defective trackpad.:)

3. UltimaLink thread starter macrumors regular

Wow, that's some false advertising :/

Ah well, I don't mind it since it doesn't mind if I keep my thumb on the bottom for easy clicking.

4. Kyffin macrumors 6502

Thats the flipside- the multitouch bit makes it an amazing trackpad (and there is quite a lot of acreage for your fingers to be getting on with). Recently made the change to tap-to-click and now prefer it that way; seriously, I used to love that little nubbin on my thinkpads and disliked trackpads- but the MBP pad has won me over.

5. MacGurl111 macrumors 65816

MacGurl111