Problem with Trackpad in Macbook PRO

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AndersonMouraB, Nov 15, 2009.

1. AndersonMouraB macrumors newbie

I have bought my macbook pro it hasn't been one month and yesterday i woke up with a big problem.
    My trackpad doens't do what i command. For example, when nothing is touching the trackpad the cursor moves. Another problem is that when i move my fingers to the right or left, it goes to the other side.
    Can someone tell me what is the problem? What should I do in this case?
    Sorry for my english, i'm brazilian and som.etimes i make some mistakes.
    Thanks.

2. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

Ola,

Did you try just a simple restart yet? Under the Apple on the top left a menu comes down and Restart is a choice.

Also have you looked in System Preferences>Trackpad to see if any settings have been changed from how you had them?

There are some smart folks here who know much more about this stuff so I am sure someone will have the answer.

Good luck.

3. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

First,

reset your smc,

second run Onyx, click the cleaning tab, tick only kernal, run it and reboot.

under user , select preferences and panels and clean that also.

this should clear any settings once stored by the trackpad.

if it still does not work, try boot camp if installed,

if that cant be done, you will be looking at calling apple.

4. AndersonMouraB thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I have already tried reinstalling the system, snow leopard v10.6 and it hasn't helped at all...
    I have already restarted and it didn't get better... All the configurations in System Preferences>Trackpad are okay... I'm downloading the atualization of my software, so i'm waiting for it finish to start the onyx program... but, i have already used a similar program... Maintenance and nothing has happened...
    Any more ideas?

5. AndersonMouraB thread starter macrumors newbie

Guys, i have done everything you told me and now it's taking a little more time to do those things in cursor that i have told you... But, it still happens and I don't know if it's gonna get better or worse... Help me, please

6. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

is your macbook a pre unibody or a unibody (one with giant mouse button)

7. AndersonMouraB thread starter macrumors newbie

It's unibody! I have bought it this year. This 15.4 inches, 4gb ram, 500gb, it has a great configuration, i don't know why this happened! I'm going to be crazy soon if i don't solve this problem...