Problem with trackpad "right click"

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Spacer, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Spacer macrumors member

My Macbook is going back because intermittently it won't register the two finger click for right click. Its ok though, a replacement is on its way! And I still love the Glassbook!

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Looks like your problem is solved, and here I thought you were looking for advice.

3. Spacer thread starter macrumors member

No, it was just incase anyone else had a problem with it. I did a search last week, and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem. I just thought I'd post it for other people to see :)

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I know there is a problem with the new trackpads registering regular clicks, but I haven't heard anyone talk about right clicks.

5. Spacer thread starter macrumors member

It was funny when I phoned Tech Support. The guy clearly didn't understand the problem. He asked me to turn the tracking speed up to full, and open the finder. He then asked if that had solved the problem. When I explained it again, he said he was going to put me on hold, and he transferred me to an Apple Store (I was already sitting in the Genius Bar of one!!).

6. kennyli macrumors regular

In my case, 3 fingers is the right-click. 2 finger is open. 1 finger is click. Am I normal?