Problem with Transfering music to Iphone !!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by curlydingle, Oct 10, 2007.

1. curlydingle macrumors newbie

I've got my fully working Iphone Version 1.0.2 on Tmobile everything working fully on the iphone, Internet on the Edge/Wifi, Utube, google maps, gmail all works great. Now I've tried syncing with Itunes 7.3.2 and the new Itunes 7.4.2. but I can't drag songs to the iphone. It comes up with a black X and it won't let me drop to the phone. Can't I just drag my song I've downloaded from the net and put them on the phone or do I have to activate an account and then it will let me put songs to the Iphone. Maybe DRM problems ????
    I'm puzzeled about it all. Any help would be appriciated.

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

You can't manage songs on the iPhone manually—you have to sync from a playlist.

3. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

it sucks yes. The easiest thing to do is just create a playlist called iPhone and drag songs into it.

4. curlydingle thread starter macrumors newbie

I made a Playlist called Iphone It still doesn't want to move the music files to the Iphone when I sync. I even converted them into aac format from the microsoft format when importing/transfering to itunes. I even went on to the apple store and signed up. Still I don't know what up with this.

5. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

You have to choose which playlists to sync with your iPhone from iTunes. On the left side of the iTunes window click/highlight the iPhone icon. on the main screen in iTunes choose the music tab. Then select which playlists you want to sync. (for example make sure the "iPhone Playlist" box is checked. Then just sync.

If this doesn't work it might be some 3rd party software you have on your phone or something else non apple.

6. curlydingle thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it to Work Now after setting up the Sync Parameters
    Thanks Very Much:):):)