Problem with transferring videos to my Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by koppen89, Jan 30, 2016.

1. koppen89 macrumors newbie

Hello!

I have a Macbook Pro with a retina display from 2014 and I use iPhoto to add my video clips into the computer.

I have a camera that I usually shoot with and the camera saves the videos on a common micro-SD card.
    Usually when I plug the camera into the computer via the USB the computer just opens iPhoto and finds the videos and all my footage is shown under the device "No Name" in iPhoto. Then it's just to choose what movies I want to import or not.

This does not work this time however, the only thing that happens when iPhoto is started is that during the unit "No Name" it says reading (in swedish).

Some of those videos on the SD-card are older and have already been in iPhoto so at least they should show up.

Worth mentioning is that I have a little more video clips this time than I usually have, it about 3 hours of clips.

Sometimes it happens that technology is a bit slow, but I have left if for hours now to find the videos and there is still nothing.

Even when I bring up the camera's own folder, which sits on the desktop, there is no clips. What have happened?

And more important: How do I fix this?

I hope the clips are not lost, that would be terrible!

I'm really grateful for all the help I can get!

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Have you tried removing the sd card from the camera and using a card reader on your Mac to see what's on it?