problem with transmission

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bigjnyc, Oct 28, 2009.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

whenever I am using transmission for a big file (over 2gbs) my internet connection slows down to a point where it cannot be used. So it becomes impossible to have transmission running and browse the internet at the same time, both on the computer running transmission and any other in the house. I am using TC.... I've tried connecting via ethernet and still the same problem. anyone else experience this? can someone suggest an alternative so i can see if its a transmission related problem.

2. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

I thought Transmission had a 'priority' setting, and went to look for it to post here.

I can't find it. All I can see that's possible is using the 'turtle' icon, and setting throttling. I could have sworn there was a setting somewhere that let Transmission auto throttle, setting itself low on the priority list for bandwidth.

It might have been a different client. Wish I could remember which one, I've been having the same problem as you lately.

3. redboxcar macrumors 6502

redboxcar

I have the exact same problem - I use Transmission for about 5 minutes (when it works REALLY well) then all my downloads stop and all of a sudden my internet doesn't work either (this also happens for ALL of the computers in my house)... I restart the computer, still doesn't come back... I reset my router/modem... and then finally, after about 10 minutes of fiddling, my internet comes back on all computers.

Please help. :(

4. windels macrumors regular

windels

maybe you allow transmission to have too many connections. to many connections could putt a strain on your router and internet connections. this can be adjusted in the preference pane.

5. bericd macrumors member

Sounds like your ISP might be throttling your connection after detecting Torrent traffic :(