Problem with UIImagePickerController

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by anuhoho, Jun 19, 2011.

1. anuhoho macrumors newbie

Hi I am making an application which invokes UIImagePickerController and I did some customization with the layout screen of the UIImagePickerController like giving own camera button, cancel button and a "settings button".

I am able to do all the actions of the above mentioned buttons accept the "settings button". Basically it should take me to my Settings screen that I have created. But on doing so its behaving ridiculously

My app is a navigation based application and from "Screen 1" when i clicked button it opens my UIImagePickerController where I have these buttons. But when I click the settings button I do

[picker pushViewController:settingsView animated:NO] . By doing this it does go to the settings screen but the navigation bar of the settings screen is not at the top but a bit below and when I click the "Back" button it does go to the UIImagePickerController but all my custom controls goes away and the default navigation bar appears which hides my customized controls. I don't understand why coz I have already hide the navigation bar of the UIImagePickerController on its creation

Any suggestions or help.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

How did you display the UIPickerController? Did you push it onto the navigation stack or display it modally? If it's the latter I suspect this will cause the behaviour you are seeing.