Problem with unread messages in Mail.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by afultz075, May 19, 2009.

1. afultz075 macrumors member

Okay, so I check my GMail account 3 places, through the web-based client, my iPhone (IMAP) and Mail (IMAP). Everything works perfectly except for the fact that when I read an email on my phone or the web-based client, the message stays as unread on the Mail app on my MBP.

The read message syncing works perfectly between the iPhone and web (i.e., if I read an unread message via the web it will be marked as read on the phone the next time the phone talks to the server and vice versa). However, it just doesn't work like this on the Mail app on my computer. If I read a message on the iPhone the message will stay marked as unread on the Mail app until I click on it.

Any ideas how to fix this?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Something is POP. If you set your Gmail account up on your phone by selecting Gmail it will be POP, you have to manually enter the data for IMAP to work.

3. afultz075 thread starter macrumors member

I manually did IMAP for the phone the day I got it.

4. gadgetjoe macrumors newbie

Apple Mail 3.6 IMAP issue

I am having an issue where Apple Mail does not confirm a move or a delete with the IMAP server. I have setup Entourage, and it works there and on my iPhone. Any ideas about why Apple Mail 3.6 all of a sudden is experiencing this behavior?