Problem with upgrade to iPhoto 09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Wotan31, May 6, 2009.

1. Wotan31 macrumors 6502

I had iPhoto 06 running just fine on my MBP, but decided to upgrade to the new iLife 09 suite. Upon starting iPhoto 09 for the first time, it popped up with a question. It said it had found one photo that was present on my machine but was not in the iPhoto database (or something to that effect), and asked me "Do you want to import this photo?". Well sure, ok. So iPhoto then started up, but now this one photo is the ONLY photo I can see! All my other photos and albums are simply gone!

I browsed the hard drive to my "iphoto library" directory, and I see the folder structure in there with all my old photos and albums. Get Info on my "iphoto library" folder shows several Gigabytes size.

So clearly all my photos and albums are still there on the hard drive, but for some reason they've failed to be seen by the iPhoto application.

Anyone ever see this before? Or know how to "force" iphoto to import them??

Also, the menubar on the left hand side where I normally see all my albums is not there either.

TIA!!

2. Wotan31 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm ok I think i fixed it. I found a file called "Library.iPhoto.bak" which was about 5 MB in size. And a file called "Library.iPhoto" which was 4 KB. I removed the newer tiny one, and removed the .bak from the older larger one. Seems I have all my pix back, yay! :)