Problem with wall charger

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wormtail, Dec 4, 2010.

1. wormtail macrumors newbie

My iPod touch 3g wont charge with wall charger at first. I tested 3 chargers and all didnt work. Just yesterday i bought another charger that worked when i tested. So i charged my ipod at home and problems occurred. My iPod wont listen to my command. When i plugged in it starts to respring. Then when i slide to unlock, SB settings pop out etc etc. When i tap on the app on top right corner, the app below launched. When i double tap home button, tap and hold on an app to close it, i couldnt double tap and only single tap and enter the app instead. What should i do? :(

2. wormtail thread starter macrumors newbie

3. wormtail thread starter macrumors newbie

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

5. wormtail thread starter macrumors newbie

My ipod is jailbroken. Maybe that has an effect on charging?

6. transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

In a word no. Maybe the wall charger some how over charged your battery. But It is more likely the jailbreak. Restore to it original OS then and then see how it works.

7. Diamons macrumors newbie

I have a friend who runs a small ipod appliance store. I've used several of his wall chargers. Here's what I've noticed.

The cheaper ones have some sort of wiring defect (I've read about this somewhere form apple too) which somehow messes up how the ipod touch screen reads your inputs.

Get a higher quality wall charger.