Problem with white 4S...Crazy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oneofthesedaves, Oct 14, 2011.

1. oneofthesedaves macrumors regular

I got my white 4S via FedEx this morning from AT&T. Siri is amazing, but the build quality was crap. The front plate was so misaligned that the ear hole looked like I had a poorly placed screen protector on it.

I'll spare you the calamitous details about my 6 treks across the mall between AT&T and Apple...but I got another one from Apple, and my second one was like that, but was misaligned in a different way. Apple is going to let me swap it out again tomorrow. Did anyone else experience this?

2. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Are you sure you're not just seeing the glass shadowing? You can see a shadow from the glass cutout on the white phone. Tilt it around when in a room with a single light and see if it moves.

I'd bet that's all it is. It does look sort of like a screen protector in the right light, but it's just the light scattering/ shadowing on the white below.

3. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Not surprised, there's definitely some bad quality control going on. If you look back into some of the recent threads, 2 users have claimed that their 4S came with dents/scratches on the exterior.

4. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

my white iPhone 4S 32GB came with a scratch. Noticed once I got home…can I take it to AT&T (where I purchased it) or do I have to take it to apple?

5. jjlannoo Suspended

yep I agree I doubt its misalinged its just a shadow depending on the lighting. I know exactly what your saying

6. lopezmatthew01 macrumors newbie

lol I thought the same exact thing when I saw mine! It is not misaligned......what is happened is that the light is created some type of shadowed effect that depending on the angle of the phone will make it look like the plate was badly placed. Put your hand over the phone to cover the light and you will see that the alignment is actually perfect :) I was relieved to say the least. haha