Problem with widget

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ryanwarsaw, Oct 2, 2008.

1. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

I have an odd problem with my stock widget. When I boot up my stock widget is on the screen and it remains there whether I open dashboard or not. I tried to click the info button and remove it but the remove button doesn't work. I also tried to remove it from the dashboard where it appeared as well as the one on my desktop. Anybody know how to kill it?

I also just tried killing it through activity monitor and everytime I kill one another pops up in it's place.

2. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Have you tried unchecking the box next to its entry in the "manage widgets" window that can be accessed after clicking the (+) button within dashboard ?

You could try to delete "Stocks.wdgt" from /Library/Widgets and then kill all dashboard processes.

3. ryanwarsaw thread starter macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

I did uncheck the widget from the dashboard itself. The widget was appearing on the dashboard and a separate one on the desktop. I would rather avoid delting the stock widget from the library as I use it often.

Found the solution in another thread:

-Click and hold widget
    -activate dashboard
    -let go of mouse button

That should put it back in dashboard.

Credit to the original poster Daveway for that solution.

Thankfully it was very simple to fix.

4. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

that's great that you could fix it! As I just recommended in another thread, onyx can be used to fix a lot of these issues, like accidentally having dashboard's developer mode enabled.

Attached Files:

5. ryanwarsaw thread starter macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

I gave up on onyx when I started using leopard. Perhaps I will have another look at it.