Problem with Windows running in BootCamp

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by filmbuff, Oct 9, 2012.

1. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

I was just using Bootcamp, in the middle of playing flight simulator, and suddenly something strange happened. Flight simulator closed, windows said "shutting down" (but only for a few seconds) then the screen turned grey and I heard the "ding" of a Mac turning on. It immediately restarted into OSX. A while ago I was in the process of booting up windows when all of the sudden Windows stopped booting and OSX booted instead. I wrote that off as a one-time fluke and it didn't happen again, and I've never had any problems with stability in Bootcamp. Windows didn't have any updates that would cause an automatic shutdown. It's like the Mac suddenly decided it wanted to run OSX instead :confused:

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

3. tiwizard macrumors regular

Any "random" shutdown I've ever experienced with Windows was due to an update that decided to randomly restart my computer. That is the single worst feature of Windows, considering I've lost quite a bit of work when Windows decides to reboot.

The only reason it went back into OS X is because that is your default startup OS. It's very likely it was an update you didn't see.