iPhone Problem with Winterboard on iOS 5?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shannonbrooke, Jan 17, 2012.

1. shannonbrooke macrumors member

I was wondering if Winterboard is not compatible with iOS 5, or if it's simply just the themes I choose that aren't compatible. NONE of the themes I choose will work on my jailbroken iPhone 4 w/ iOS 5 - like Typophone for instance! Anyone else have any issues with it?

2. kmpoboy2, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012

kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

Winterboard it's compatible with iOS 5 but if the dev of the themes has not updated the theme for iOS 5, it's most likely that it wont work with iOS 5.

Edit: Just check Typophone 4 on Cydia and it's compatible with iOS 5 since October.

3. shannonbrooke thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, not working for me, and many other themes aren't. Don't know what the problem is!

4. MSiqueira macrumors newbie

Second.

No themes - even the native winterboard themes - are working.
    iPhone 4 with 5.0.1 Redsn0w 0.9.10b4

5. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

If your theme is not working turn off Summerboard within Winterboard settings. (If it is already off try then turning it on.)

6. Leonard-wa macrumors newbie

Same issues

I am having the same issues, and I have tried turning off the summerboard setting without luck. My iPhone4 is having issue with a couple of themes I have tried, such as Buuf4. I install it, but things like the status bar on top does not change, when I enter into a folder, the background image changes back to my original background, and when I go into menus, the buttons are all white, when they should have a background image from the theme on them. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

7. emayse macrumors newbie

Have you figured out how to fix these issues? I am having the same problems (i.e. when entering a folder, the background image changes back to my original background)

8. shannonbrooke thread starter macrumors member

Mine doesn't work at all. When I check the theme I want in Winterboard and respring, it doesn't change, and when I go back into Winterboard the theme I chose is unchecked. Turning off Summerboard didn't help for me either. Still needing help with this one!

9. Macdawgg macrumors newbie

I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same issue, Winterboard won't change my theme. Does anyone have a fix for this?

10. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Are you sure the theme is compatible with your device, and firmware.
    There are very many outdated themes on Cydia

11. Macdawgg macrumors newbie