Problem with wireless - please help.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rbasra, May 1, 2011.

1. rbasra macrumors newbie

I have a 2010 build MacBook Pro & recently it stopped connecting to my home wireless network, however I have no issues connecting to other hotspots such as Starbucks, at work, or even at the Apple Store. My other iDevices (iPad 2, and iPhone 4) connect perfectly fine with my home network. I am using a linksys router. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this? I have already tried the GeniusBar & they couldn't help.

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Have you tried resetting your router? I found I have had to do that quite often with some routers. If you haven't done that, just unplug your router for about 30 sec

4. rbasra thread starter macrumors newbie

When I connect to the home wireless network and I go under network settings..under Airport it says "no IP address." and the light is like an orangish yellow but when I'm connected on another network it just says connected and the light is green

5. EJ123 macrumors newbie

Similar mysterious problem with 2.93GHz 17" MBP

All of a sudden my ETHERNET connection at work stopped
    working, changed the cable, tried different offices, always the same message: CABLE UNPLUGGED.
    Apple store checked my MBP and insists there is nothing wrong.
    My Office IT people say nothing has changed in their configuration.
    My ethernet port works everywhere else I have ever been (home, hotels, other houses, other companies). It has never worked again at my company.

6. Resist macrumors 68030

I have to reset my Linksys WRT160N router at least once a month because my MBP 13" loses the connection, even though my iphone 4 and iPad connect just fine.

7. bigjobby macrumors 65816

This is a completely different problem to that of the thread. Reckon your best to have a search in MRoogle or start a new thread maybe. Just saying.:)

8. bigjobby macrumors 65816

Have you tried reserving an IP address at the router for your MBP?

9. rbasra thread starter macrumors newbie