Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apatel87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Hi guys, I have a new ATV2 on the latest firmware jailbroken with SeasonPass and with ATV flash black beta 5 installed on it. I installed XBMC but I seem to have a problem with it crashing almost every time i try to play a movie. Does anyone else have this problem? I know that I didnt have as many problems with XBMC in the past on my jailbroken ATV2 so I am not sure why it is crashing all the time. It usually happens when I try to play a HD movie and these movies are not large files: usually 3 gb encodes around 720p in resolution.

Any advice/help? Thanks!

Ratatapa

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2011
I have the saké problème with seasonpass on 4.2.2 didnt had it on 4.2.1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrEnalg

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2011
East Bay, CA
Hi guys, I have a new ATV2 on the latest firmware jailbroken with SeasonPass and with ATV flash black beta 5 installed on it. I installed XBMC but I seem to have a problem with it crashing almost every time i try to play a movie. Does anyone else have this problem? I know that I didnt have as many problems with XBMC in the past on my jailbroken ATV2 so I am not sure why it is crashing all the time. It usually happens when I try to play a HD movie and these movies are not large files: usually 3 gb encodes around 720p in resolution.

Any advice/help? Thanks!

I had the same problem but then installed the nightly build of XBMC and now it runs much, muuuuuuch better. I JB'd with PwnageTool RC6, IOS 4.2.2 (4.3.3) and haven't messed with Firecore's stuff yet, though.

Try the nightie before anything else. Of course, don't blame me if it bricks your ATV2.... :)

Enigmafan420

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2008
Puget Sound, U.S.A.
I had the same problem but then installed the nightly build of XBMC and now it runs much, muuuuuuch better. I JB'd with PwnageTool RC6, IOS 4.2.2 (4.3.3) and haven't messed with Firecore's stuff yet, though.

Try the nightie before anything else. Of course, don't blame me if it bricks your ATV2.... :)

Please do share on how to dounload the nightly build. :)

apatel87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
any advice on how to install the nightly build would be appreciated

ISO:HELP

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2006
They have wiki information..

I'm also a total n00b and would love to learn how to install the nightly..

Also has an official come out yet for 4.3?

ISO:HELP

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2006
I think this is what you do:
- ssh to your atv2 as root
- cd /tmp
- wget http://hadm.net/~keith/xbmc_atv2/latest_atv2.deb
- dpkg -i latest_atv2.deb
- rm latest_atv2.deb

Hey man sorry to bother ya..

Could I borrow your brain on a quick AIM convo about this?

I have a few questions...Keep reading about script and ssh cyberduck..but I'm to scared to mess something up..I know how to ssh into my atv2...
just unsure of the process to get the new build..

Also does the new build come with any benefits? or just less bugs?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.