problematic battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by kming05, Apr 14, 2008.

1. kming05 macrumors member

half brightness, running Word and Safari... with 75% of the charge left and only showing 2:30 remaining time. It showed about 3:40 less than 30 minutes ago and dropped an hour in predicted remaining time.

Is there an issue with my battery? 18 Cycles, 97% health remaining to the battery itself.

Thanks.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

No, unless its below 80% at 300 cycles or less its fine.

Though the charge does go up and down a bit too, so don't worry that its "only" 97% now.

3. kming05 thread starter macrumors member

no i know its fine as for overall health, but what im worried about is how quickly the battery discharges itself.

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Well I think Apple is just optimistic with their battery life figures...

5. Shrek-Moscow macrumors member

Right now I'm making a test.. yesterday I've calibrated the battery and now i'm checking how long will last the charge with light browsing, few email sent with Entourage, some light gaming (j-battle) and some skype chatting (no audio or video), few MB of file downloaded.
    The average usage has been very light, but is similar to what I sually do while waiting for plane boarding in airports, more than this there's only reading a document or writing a docuent.. with airport deactivated. By the way, actually i'm at 3h and 30 minutes and the battery meter say there's another 22 left.. this will make a 3h 52 minutes.. not terrible but i'd expect something better!

I'll wait till it will goes in stand by and see.. I feel a bit nerd!!

:D:D

PS: my MBA is a 1.8 with 80 G pata disk.

6. Shrek-Moscow macrumors member

...done... 3h 50 minutes.. as declared by the battery meter during last 30 minutes.

I don't know if to be happy or not, off course, i would had been more happy with a more extreme results, like 4h 30', however it appear to me that 3h 50' is a reasonable duration..

However the day will be available an aftermarket battery in excss of 6000 mAh.. i'll be thefirst to buy it! Same think for a SSD bigger than 64 GB at less than 400€...

7. stakis macrumors member

I'd consider yourself lucky... doing the same sort of thing I get 2H 47 minutes....

and I've herd people getting up to 5 hours.... but I'm wondering if that is 100% to 0% result, or if they are just quoting what the remaining time indicator says at the top right..... cause if thats the case, I've had a battery life of 7 hours before!!

8. stakis macrumors member

I wouldn't go by the Quoted time.... do figure it out for sure..... charge to 100% and drain to 0% and time it using istat.... (it has an uptime counter)

the quoted time adjusts itself every time the CPU process changes.... so its not very accurate.