problems about trackpad+keyboard when using Leopard on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by stoney78us, Jun 23, 2008.

1. stoney78us macrumors newbie

I'm using Macbook Pro Multitouch 2.4 and I have two problems while using this laptop. have anyone same problem with me?
    1- about trackpad: I 'm not usually using tapping trackpad, but when I try to use tapping trackpad for a while, trackpad cannot tap. So I must change to click trackpad. When I log out or restart or wait for a while , the trackpad can tap again.
    2-about keyboard+trackpad: I sometime get freezing keyboard+trackpad excepting power button. But when I close the lid to sleep my laptop and open it again, it return normal but after a while it continue this problem and I need to restart to get really normal.
    I'm using Leopard v1.5.3 although 1.5.2 also have the same situations.

I think my hardware is ok but the firmware that control keyboard and trackpad is not good.

Anybody help me T_T

2. cube1966 macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same (new) macbook pro and exactly the same symptoms. It drives me nuts. I suspect it is a hardware/software faillure but I send my laptop back right now.
    Did you make any progress on the issue?

3. stoney78us thread starter macrumors newbie

I have already updated to 10.5.4 and this problem has no longer happend.
    Cheers! :D

4. cube1966 macrumors newbie

I upgraded to 10.5.4 a couple of days ago as well but the keyboard and trackpad stopped working occasionally again yesterday... there is also no mention of keyboard bug fix in the release notes. I'm suspecting a hardware quality problem, maybe a very short keyboard connection interrupt could cause these symptoms.

5. stoney78us thread starter macrumors newbie

you're right. I also got it again. poor me and you :(

6. stoney78us thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think this is hardware problem, because when this happended, I logged out and logged in, I worked again or I waited for few second without tapping.