Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

euro2007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
I used to be able to add files (pictures) to CD-R that was previously used. Now if I try to add more files to it, it tells me that CD can no longer be modified. Means that it was automatically closed. How can I continue adding files to a same CD without closing it after?

Thank you.

:)

lewis82

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2009
Totalitarian Republic of Northlandia
Why is this thread in picture gallery anyways?

Picture gallery is for posting pictures. This belongs in the Mac OS X forums.

You need some software other than Finder to burn CDs multiple times. Roxio Toast can do it, and I guess the freeware Burn could also.

You need to burn the disc without a lead-out. Once you have one, you can't add any data to the disc.

euro2007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2010
Problems adding files to previously written CD

Thank you for your reply. I expected to be asked that question because I can never figure out here the right place to write a question. Anyway, I will try to download one of the softwares.

Thank you very much. :)

Why is this thread in picture gallery anyways?

Picture gallery is for posting pictures. This belongs in the Mac OS X forums.

You need some software other than Finder to burn CDs multiple times. Roxio Toast can do it, and I guess the freeware Burn could also.

You need to burn the disc without a lead-out. Once you have one, you can't add any data to the disc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.