Problems after Jailbreak with iPhone

FailasaurusRex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
I just recently jailbroke my 3G iPhone to be able to multitask on iOS4. But then I just got my iPhone 4 this week, and when I synced it up, it now cannot access the 3G network. Also, I can't send or receive picture messages (which was a bug in the jailbreak from before). How do I make it where my iPhone syncs to a non-jailbroken software? All the backups it has listed are from after I jailbroke my phone.

Anyone have similar problems? Solutions? Please help me out, I'm desperate :(

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
Solution is don't restore from back up in this case. You can still sync most of your data apart from texts and settings.

FailasaurusRex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
Aaaand, thanks to AppleJuiced and Pixelated. I emailed myself my old contacts, and restored without backup. Works like a dream now :)

I love you guys.

impulse462

macrumors 68000
Jun 3, 2009
Aaaand, thanks to AppleJuiced and Pixelated. I emailed myself my old contacts, and restored without backup. Works like a dream now :)

I love you guys.
I love your username, I used to think I created that when I would call my friends that but you have given me hope that there are people who think like me ;)

bcojoe

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2010
SOLUTION:
1: your an idiot
2: dont jailbreak your phone to avoid these types of problems
3:your an idiot

Regarding points #1 & #3, I believe what you were trying to say is "you're an idiot". That aside, I must say that you have made a few very thought provoking points here. I even felt compelled to register, just to commend you on your (or maybe that is where you'd use "you're") invaluable contribution to the discussion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.