Problems after NVIDIA graphics card replaced due to settlement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MissMandy, Mar 30, 2011.

1. MissMandy macrumors newbie

Anyone else having issues with their Macbook after getting the NVIDIA graphics card replaced?

When I started my computer it gave me an error that I've never seen before Saying: "Do you want the application AppleVNCServer.bundle to accept incoming networks?"

Then randomly I would get the grey screen of death telling me I need to restart my computer by holding down the power button. This keeps happening every 30 minutes.

My WIFI wasn't working at all. I finally figured out a way finally connect by going into Airport, renewing the DHCP lease, then going to "Assist Me" and fixing it through "Diagnostics". But I have to do this everytime my computer sleeps or restarts, and I have been restarting it alot because it keeps freezing ! Its so frustrating, I wouldn't have sent in my computer if I knew I was going to have these issues.

I ran disk repair and used "Clean My Mac" and I'm still having issues.

Anyone else experiencing this?

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

You probably either have RAM going bad or the new logic board is also faulty.

Mine got changed recently and I had no graphic artifact, but the card was indeed dead, I got a lot of kernel panics as well, turns out my RAM was bad.

Now I just need a new left fan because the old one is on its way out and the sound is just intolerable.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

The only way to know for sure whether it's hardware or software at this point is to do a complete reinstall. I think that would be the quickest way rather than trying to do things inside and outside the OS trying to determine the cause.

4. MissMandy thread starter macrumors newbie

I noticed that mine was making louder noises then usual. I went to the Apple Support website and It gave me this conclusion:Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller(SMC) http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964?locale=en_US&login=email

I figured it had something to do with my SmcFanControl which is always on, but after receiving my macbook, it wasn't even running?? I uninstalled it to be on the safe side but, the same errors keep reoccurring.

I just think its unfair that we sent something to get "fixed" for something that wasn't our fault, and now from what I've read, everyone is having other issues that they've never had before. How did you find out your RAM was bad? Was your left fan quieter before you sent it out?

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

Apple hardware test told me my ram was bad but I already suspected it because the computer acted as if my ram was bad: programs would quit and refuse to open back up, kernel panics on shutdown, kernel panics on opening programs, etc.

Fan had already started clicking, so it was nothing new, now the motor of it is dying and it's making a god-awful amount of noise.