Problems after water help

albertthomas12345

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2017
Hi,

Phone dropped in toilet for several seconds. I let it dry and then all was fine, just screen a bit dark. Then I took it to repair shop, they changed the screen and dried inside a bit. Then after this GPS not working properly, etc. Can I do something to check what is wrong in the phone/fix it myself?

Thanks

akash.nu

macrumors 604
May 26, 2016
You don’t have any warranty on that device anymore I take it. Probably watch a few YouTube videos and take it from there.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Hi,

Phone dropped in toilet for several seconds. I let it dry and then all was fine, just screen a bit dark. Then I took it to repair shop, they changed the screen and dried inside a bit. Then after this GPS not working properly, etc. Can I do something to check what is wrong in the phone/fix it myself?

Thanks
I'm not sure there is much of anything you can do at this point. The water might have already damaged components and it's just a matter of time before other things go wrong or shorts the phone out.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
Take it to Apple. Maybe they will offer to give you a new one at replacement cost. As long as they don't see the third party screen...