Problems booting up and beachball of death.. CPU USAGE 99%

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by and123w, Mar 8, 2013.

1. and123w macrumors newbie

Ok so I noticed a few days ago that while using my macbook things were starting to slow down and once in a while the beachball of death would show up... I thought nothing of it and went on with my usage as it wasn't that big of an issue.

When I finally shut down my computer and went to turn it back on later that day it wouldn't boot up.. I tried many times to re boot it with no success and finally left it and took a nap. When I awoke it was on (thank god) but now the beachball is a consistant problem. I can hardly use the laptop, music doesn't work, internet takes forever to load, basically anything I do the beachball is there for the party. I looked up my system functions and my CPU usage was generally anywhere from 80-99% consistantly even though there were no programs using that much %.

I have no clue what to do or how to fix it and I don't wanna completely reinstall unless its the last option as I have tons of files on the computer I can't bare to lose...

I went into the utilities console and copied some of the error reports so maybe someone here can help me diagnose the problem and come up with a solution..

I'll just copy a few of the console reports because its a lot of repeating and a massive wall of text no one wants to read..

From what I can tell from the console it seems as though its a problem with chrome but the thing is nothing is really working and the beachball is consistantly making it so I can't use my computer...

Something to take into consideration..

I AM using the laptop right now on BOOTCAMP with absolutely no problems at all this side of the computer is working just fine no problems what so ever... I really know nothing about Mac's so if someone could give me some insight it would be a massive help.

I'm from Canada but just recently moved to China and every Apple "store" I go to simply wants me to give them money to solve the problem but I honestly don't trust them they just seem like they want me to give them money without knowing a solution... Language barrier is a pain in the ass too as my Mandarin is very minimal.

Thanks so much for your help in advance I really appreciate it this has been such a headache

2. Brian Y macrumors 68040

In Activity Monitor, change the top option from "My Processes" to "All Processes" - it will tell you what's causing it.

3. and123w thread starter macrumors newbie

The mac side won't even boot up anymore.. :mad: Gahhh what do I do!!

4. Isamilis macrumors 6502

Try to boot with installation disk, go to disk utility menu and do verify the disk. From the error, it seems disk problem.

5. and123w thread starter macrumors newbie

Booting with the installation disk doesn't work for me either...

6. davyvfr macrumors regular

Try Command + R

Do this on boot up, it will re-download OSX from the server