Problems Burning DVDs with Final Cut Pro X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aahogpilot, Apr 13, 2012.

1. aahogpilot macrumors newbie

Hi folks. I'm new to this forum and still learning the Mac. I have put together a movie project using Final Cut Pro X. The total run time is 1 hour, 12 minutes.

When I Share to DVD, the internal DVD burner works fine up to about the 50 minute mark. Sometimes as early as 48 minutes and sometimes as late as 53 minutes, something happens. The movie begins to skip, pixel, jerk, stop and start, and finally freezes. This happens on several DVD players connected to my TVs. It also happens to the DVD when played on Windows Based PCs. However, when played on my Mac's DVD player, these problems do not appear.

I've burned 7 copies now and I get the same result each time at roughly the same timecode as mentioned above. Any ideas? Is this a problem with my DVD burner, Final Cut Pro X, or possibly a bad stack of DVD-R discs themselves?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. Vorsos macrumors newbie

Vorsos

In my experience with FCPX, in almost all cases it's best to do Share > Export, then drag the resulting file onto iDVD or a conversion app. This probably has to do with any other Share menu item going through Compressor, which is not 64-bit and doesn't use the GPU.
    Make sure you aren't in Proxy mode (general preferences), or FCPX will render from low-res assets.