Problems canceling online order if ATT store has stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chew63, Jun 28, 2010.

1. chew63 macrumors member

There is a rumor that the ATT store near me is supposed to get a shipment of phones in tomorrow. I want to go try to snag one of them but I have an order with the online Apple store (shipping July 14).

If i am able to get one at the ATT store, are they give me problems about upgrade eligibility? I don't want to cancel my order with Apple.com until I know they have them.....

Anybody tried this or have insight?

2. pugnut macrumors 6502a

If you have one on order, as a upgrade, and you cancel it, you will not have your upgrade eligibility reset generally for 72 hours. You can not count on the customer service folks getting that done in time. I personally would not risk it.

3. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Dial *NEW# or *639# on your phone. Dial (not text) and it will text you telling you if you are eligible or not.

I have done the same thing and plan on going tomorrow morning. I have seen people post online (screenshots of their email) regarding the same thing...someone bought in store then when their online order was being filled, they sent an email saying it was put on hold either because a phone was already purchased or a duplicate order was submitted.

Moral of the store is I think you are fine going into the store and buying your phone tomorrow.

I believe your eligibility is not set until your online order is being filled. Until then, the computers don't see the order.

4. chew63 thread starter macrumors member

Tried this and ATT says Im eligible...awesome. Thanks for the info!