problems carrying over unlimited plan??!? will take 'a few days'

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThereGoesJB, Oct 14, 2011.

1. ThereGoesJB macrumors regular

my gf pre ordered the iphone 4s, she currently has a blackberry with verizon unlimited plan.
    She didnt see the option to be grandfathered in during the preorder process so she chose the 2GB.

The very next day I went with her to a Verizon store to see if we could get it changed and was told just bring the new phone into the store when she gets it to have them activate it and ensure she gets her unlimited plan carried over.

phone arrived today - Just went down there and was told she had to fill out a form that will take a few days before we can actually get it setup to ensure she gets her unlimited plan. The dude acted like he couldn't believe we didn't have this form ready to go.
    The guy went to get the form and somehow got himself into dealing with different customers, my gf (now very pissed) didnt want to wait any longer so we decided to go to a different store tomorrow morning.

Anyone else dealing with this???

2. ThereGoesJB thread starter macrumors regular

now she wants to activate it and let verizon figure it out afterwards. i say no.

3. omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

dont activate, as soon as you do verizon can use that as an excuse to screw you over..

kinda like if you touch a donut at the donut shop but change your mind later, but now you are forced to buy it cause your germs are on it...same issue...

just go the the verizon store (act like a pissed customer-even though you prob are) and state your issue and experience with your service last time, if all else fails speak to the manager..im sure he wont want to lose a customer...

4. utekineir macrumors 6502

Gf and I each have grandfathered unlimited plans. Her on Verizon me on AT&T.

Last night preordered one 4s of each at best buy.

Today purchased and set up each. The guy who set me up had 0 issues. The employee handling her had to call into Verizon, it was regarding the data plan I think.

We each left with new phones and grandfathered plans intact.

5. ThereGoesJB thread starter macrumors regular

great to hear, hopefully tomorrow things will go smoothly at this other store