Problems connecting scanner

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by shuffles, Oct 13, 2009.

1. shuffles macrumors 6502

shuffles

I found an old scanner in my house and I wanted to connect it to my sisters Macbook. I've connected the power cord to the mains and the USB cable into the Macbook, the light is on on the scanner but I don't know what to do next. The scanner is a few years old so I don't know if it needs an install CD.

Is there somewhere on the Macbook where I can find the scanner and get it ready to scan?

2. shuffles thread starter macrumors 6502

shuffles

The scanner is a HP Scanjet 3400C. i tried looking for drivers on the net, even on HP's website but they only seem to be for Windows. I can't find Mac drivers anywhere!

3. KielderWolf macrumors regular

KielderWolf

If it is a HP scanner and you have Snow Leopard then I have one piece of advice: give up now before you go crazy.

My HP scanjet worked well under Tiger on my PPC iMac. It didn't work well on my Tiger-based Mac Mini. It didn't work well with my MacBook whilst I had Leopard installed and now I have Snow Leopard it simply wont work because the drivers were never updated since before Intel.

If you're on Leopard there are drivers, they're on the disc and nowhere else which is rather infuriating.

I've sold my HP scanner, and now I have a lovely Canon 3-in-1 which works beautifully.