Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lysyblic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Hi,

I have a MacBook Pro (early 2009), when at home I am having problems connecting to the AirPort network with the laptop, it frequently sees the network but times out and doesnt connect, then it cant see the network. I end up restarting, turning off and on the airport card and hoping for the best. This problem occured in 10.5 and is still happening in 10.6. My housem8s PC laptop, my iPod touch and iPhone have never had a problem connecting, and my MacBook Pro has never had a problem connecting to the wireless network in work. Any ideas?

thanks,
Ryan

p3ncil

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
This problem just occur at home or somewhere else as well?
Try removing the password on your router for a moment and see if your mbp is able to login.

Perhaps it's a configuration issue.

If it still doesn't work, suggest you give the apple store a visit.

lysyblic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Yeah, the problem is only at home from the MacBook Pro. I will have a look at configuring the router, its my housemates. Unfortunately there are no Apple Stores in Dublin, there is talk of one coming though :)

thanks for your help,
r

BuiltforSin

macrumors regular
Aug 22, 2009
VA
Mine did the same thing to me today. It's a I guess late model 2009 MBP [got it aug 18th]. At work airport showed it was connected to the router, but I had no internet. Then once I got home it wouldn't connect to the router, and I had to do a network diagnostic to get it to connect back. Everytime I close it and put it to sleep I have to go into network diagnostic everytime to use the internet. It just started happening today.

AndersJ

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2009
i got the exact same problem. We got new router in the building, unfortunatly i dont have access to it. I used the wireless at home all day yesterday, and this morning, but when i got home this night and took the macbook out of sleep it didnt work.
I can see all the networks, but when i connect to them, even the ones without password, airport just searches, and doesnt connect.
The known network i have connected to before with password doesnt work either.

Its so frustating and i cant find any solution to it at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.