Problems connecting to Motorola L2 over bluetooth

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by apfhex, Apr 9, 2007.

1. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I just got a couple of locked Cingular Motorola L2's and I've been trying to connect with my Mac over bluetooth to transfer some files (wallpapers, ringtones, etc.) but I can't seem to make a connection to the phones.

On the phone I've turned bluetooth ON and selected "Find Me" to make it discoverable for 60 seconds. On my Mac I use the Bluetooth Setup Assistant, which does indeed see the phone, and I click Continue and it just says "Gathering additional information about your device..." forever. I've waited like 15 minutes — normally the process only takes seconds.

I've paired my Sony Ericsson phones just fine this way. I don't think Cingular is in the business of crippling bluetooth right?!

AFAIK I can't transfer files over USB either (although the manual seems to indicate I can, somehow). I'm willing to boot into Windows if I have to :eek:, but shouldn't it Just Work? Update: actually it does work in Windows Vista. Now THAT's a first! Why can't it just work with OS X?? >.<

2. apfhex thread starter macrumors 68030

apfhex

:confused: It suddenly decided to start working. Only thing I did was change the names of the phones, but that shouldn't matter.