Problems disconnecting from Apple Ext Monitor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kpreblud, Jul 27, 2007.

1. kpreblud macrumors newbie

I have a MacBook Pro 17" at my office, connected to an Apple 23" External Monitor, Bluetooth Keyboard and a Logitech USB Revolution Mouse. Generally I have both monitor going. Each day when I leave to go home, I disconnect the PSU, Monitor Cable, USB and Firewire Cables. Then I close the lid.

By the time I get home (15 min), MBP's fan is going crazy just running, the screen is dark, and the MBP is hot as hell. Usually I have to hold the power button down to restart the computer. Alternatively, it is running normally (not hot with the fan running), but the screen is stuck as if it is still connected to the external monitor.

Mostly, I find that I have to shutdown the computer before unhooking from everything for these issues not to happen.

Anybody with similar issues?

2. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

In System Preferences > Bluetooth> Uncheck "Allow Bluetooth devices to wake this compuer".

Anyway, you should always shutoff your computer before putting it in your bag since if the computer accidentally wakes up, it'll do alot of damage to it.