Problems downloading .dmg files

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DKgringo, Mar 31, 2011.

1. DKgringo macrumors newbie

Hello

When I want to download a program for my MacBook Pro (OS X v. 10.6.6) following thing happens: Instead of downloading one .dmg file onto the hard disk, a new tab comes up in Safari. This tab is completely black and you can see in the status bar (the place where you type www. addresses) that it’s downloading something, but there is nothing coming down anywhere, I can find afterwards. If I try to download in Firefox instead exactly the same thing happens. A new tap occurs and no more.

And this applies to all kinds of programs that are .dmg files. Every time I press a download "button" then this new tap occurs, the page is all black, and there is no more. I've been inside an "apple store" and ask if they could help. It turned out that one of the shop assistants, have had the same problem, but could not solve it. He went on to reinstall the whole machine again, and that solved the problem.

Hope not that your answer to me is, that it is the only way to solve the problem.

It’s a problem that I have hat for a while now, and I can’t think of anything that I have done, to make it be like this.

2. DKgringo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Again...

Is there really nobody in this forum, that is abel to help me...??? :(

3. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

What happens if you right click on the download link and select 'Save'?

4. DKgringo thread starter macrumors newbie

Sometimes it will download the .dmg file to the download basket, if I those save. But other times it only downloads the http:/ file as a kind of bookmark.