Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeTheC

Original poster
I'm asking this question on behalf of a friend at work who just got an iMac running Leopard. This is nothing I have the ability to properly or fully reconstruct on my own, since I don't run Leopard, and therefore have never used the release of Mail that comes with it.

Basically, the problem is this: When emails with embedded HTML formatting (as opposed to just plain text emails containing absolutely no formatting) are initially received, they look just fine. However, when my friend attempts to forward the email, he describes what he sees in the then-about-to-be-forwarded message as a bunch of spurious characters, including Chinese ones. He says this has happened on any/all of the messages he's received from others that he's tried to forward.

Anyone here experienced this odd behavior on their Leopard-bundled Mail?

Thanks in advance!

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Would it be possible to get your friend to send through a screenshot? Also, get your friend to try a few different types of text encoding. I'm still on Tiger too, so I'm not 100% sure where the option for him is. However, it's in the Message menu for us. Automatic, some of the Westerns or Unicode might work. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.