Problems getting multiple Google calendars to sync on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by CAWjr, Jun 17, 2011.

1. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I have a handful of shared calendars that I would like to sync to my iPad & iPhone. I have found several references that describe how to push the calendars to your iPad by configuring Google Sync including the following:

http://gigaom.com/mobile/ipad-calendar-sync-fix-google/

Unfortunately, after going through the steps, I am still not seeing anything other than my base calendar. I need some help because it should be working right, but I'm completely out of luck here.

Few baseline items:
    • I am running Google Apps with my own custom domain name
    • I have the calendar on the iPad using CalDAV
    • The primary calendar shows up fine, but no others show up at all

So looking at the images below...

photo 2:
    • This is the login screen showing my Google Apps specific features at the top
    • I click on the Sync button at the top to configure the sync features

photo 3:
    • Instead of signing in with a basic Google Account, here is where I click to sign in with my Google Apps account

photo 4:
    • All the devices that are set up for Google Sync are listed here
    • YOu see my iPad, iPhone, and my old pre-iPhone smartphone listed
    • I'm just concerned with my iPad for now, so I click there

photo 5:
    • This is the settings specific to my iPad
    • I have selected all of my calendars & shared calendars to push to the iPad
    • I have tried selecting only two at a time with no success

photo 6:
    • Here is a shot of my calendar on my iPad
    • I have my Google & work calendars both set up
    • Under my Google calendar, I shoudl see all of the calendars selected
    • I have events in all my other calendars throughout the week, but none of them show up
    • The orange events are my work calendar
    • That purple event on Tuesday is from my primary Google Calendar

I appreciate any help that anyone can provide.

Attached Files:

2. wandel macrumors newbie

Im syncing several calendars from Google to iPad, never had any troubles - and I use both a normal google account and google apps acount with more than 10 calendars in it. The only thing I can see, that is not like my own setup, is that you use CalDAV - both of mine is configured using Exchange. Maybe you could try switching to Exchange, see if that helps?

Best
    Wandel

3. CAWjr thread starter macrumors 6502

CAWjr

That fixed it! Apparently CalDAV doesn't like multiple calendars, but Exchange does.

Thanks for the tip!

4. wandel macrumors newbie

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Only downside to the iPhone/Google/Exchange setup is the colors selected for each calendar at Google don't come through properly.

6. CAWjr thread starter macrumors 6502

CAWjr

I agree. The colors are all FUBAR. You can cycle the colors if you turn off the calendar in settings & turn it back on, but I don't think you can do it for each of the calendars in Google if you have multiple ones in there.

7. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

I've setup Google Apps clients that had multi-category calendars (thus multi-calendar) that had to remain at least close to the colors they were used to seeing in something like Outlook for Windows. They want this for both iCal and iPhone/iPad.

Delegates in iCal account settings keeps the colors but just doesn't want to work well otherwise. So for iCal and iOS I've been doing it the hard way which is documented here.

8. wandel macrumors newbie

Im using the app Week Cal HD - its better than the iPad cal imo AND you can change the calendar colors in the app so that they matches the colors in your Google calendar.

Check it out here: www.utilitap.com/weekcalendar

9. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Week Calendar is nice. Currently unavailable for iPad, however.

10. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

I'm so close to getting this to work (see snipped quote below) but there's one problem: when I get to the page where synced devices are listed it shows three iPods, but each show a last sync date of either 2009 or 2010. Since I've had only one of those devices since 2011 I'm confused. It also doesn't show my iPad.

All are set up to sync through the iDevice's Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars interface. Is that why? How can I add my iPad and update one of those iPods?

So much energy just to get all my calendars synced:rolleyes: