Problems in Pages 09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tongteh, May 5, 2009.

1. tongteh macrumors 6502

I am in uni while my lecturer presenting and he's slides shows that the file have 30slides while keynote also shows 14slides.. I then try to open the same file using powerpoint mac and found that it has 30slides!! why is this happening.. i wouldnt mind emailing you the ppt file to check whats the problem. thanks.. or if anyone have a similar problem do let me know..

2. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

So....you don't actually have any problem with Pages like your title suggests.....

Somehow, when you open a Keynote presentation in PowerPoint there are 16 additional slides showing up, is this correct? Have you looked at the "additional" 16 slides to see what the problem is? Perhaps some are blanks? Or, there may be a problem with the conversion from keynote to PPT. Those things work pretty well but aren't flawless, especially with Keynote offering transitions and things that PPT does not.

3. tongteh thread starter macrumors 6502

OpPS!! i just realise i typed pages instead of keynote!! sorry.. but in terms of keynotes it is a problem right?? seeing missing slides? to me that's a huge problem, since my uni is using .ppt as native slides file.

those 16 slides are actually slides with titles and bullets in it.. so i don't know why that is happenning.. i might in trouble during exams without noticing missing slides.

4. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

But are you actually MISSING slides? The way you have explained it, you have 16 ADDITIONAL slides after the conversion to PPT, so you haven't lost anything. The real question is, what has been ADDED on those 16 slides?

5. ajbrehm macrumors 6502

No, the way he explained it there are 30 slides in the presentation and Keynote only shows 14 of them while PowerPoint shows all 30.

6. tongteh thread starter macrumors 6502

THANK YOU!!! exactly what i am saying... the thing is that i witness it with both of my eyes and thoughts, so don't question if i am sure or not.. no offense. ty. again i wouldnt mind to mail you a copy of the file