Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rikos87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Recently my parents just bought a Macbook with Leopard on it. I own a three year old Macbook that runs Tiger. I saw this as a chance to upgrade to Leopard.

I tried to install Leopard on my Macbook but it says that it can't install on my machine.

I've searched various places but I've gotten vague answers. Is it because the disk is hardware specific (From what I've heard) or is it something else and I'm not getting it?

Thanks in advance.

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2008
;)
Recently my parents just bought a Macbook with Leopard on it. I own a three year old Macbook that runs Tiger. I saw this as a chance to upgrade to Leopard.

I tried to install Leopard on my Macbook but it says that it can't install on my machine.

I've searched various places but I've gotten vague answers. Is it because the disk is hardware specific (From what I've heard) or is it something else and I'm not getting it?

Thanks in advance.

Yes. The hardware disk is not compatible, due to the upgraded software. If you had a seperate Leopard disk, it would work on any computer. However, the disk that comes with a newer MacBook will only work on that MacBook, because it is the machine is specified on the disk.
Also illegal. ;)

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2008
Darn, I noticed I was beat by two people. :D
As a piece of advice, I wouldn't go Leopard now, just wait for Snow Leopard, and maybe get a family pack. ;)

Rikos87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Darn, I noticed I was beat by two people. :D
As a piece of advice, I wouldn't go Leopard now, just wait for Snow Leopard, and maybe get a family pack. ;)

When will Snow Leopard be released then?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.