Problems installing photoshop cs 2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by weeman, May 28, 2007.

1. weeman macrumors 6502

Hey everyone,
    I recently bought photoshop cs2 and tried installing it today on my ibook and I keep on getting this error during installation: "There were errors installing the software" and then below it, it says "Please try installing again." I was wondering if anyone knows what to do in order to get it to install properly. I've tried to install it 3 times, and all 3 times with the same result. I blew a wad of money on this program and I want to see it work.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

3. weeman thread starter macrumors 6502

I downloaded the file and installed it. Same exact problem. Any idea what it could be? This is getting frustrating.

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Check you've got enough space for the install and that your Mac meets the system requirements. Run Disk Utility over your hard drive, verify the disk and repair permissions.

5. weeman thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm...I did the "verify disk permissions" and "repair disk permissions" and everything is in order, but when i did the "verify disk" i came upon the screen shown below. Is there any way I can fix it? Thanks.

Attached Files:

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Did you repair the disk? Or did that error message appear while trying to repair it?

7. weeman thread starter macrumors 6502

8. weeman thread starter macrumors 6502

I did the "verify disk permissions" and "repair disk permissions" and everything was fine, so I decided to do "verify disk" and that happened. The following screen also popped up:

Attached Files:

9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Doesn't seem good... I've reached the limit of my hardware knowledge... if something like that happened to me, I'd also be starting a thread here on MR. Perhaps someone else will step in and help. Good luck. :)

10. weeman thread starter macrumors 6502

11. weeman thread starter macrumors 6502

ok so i repaired the disk, i just needed to insert the installation cds. I went to install photoshop again after the repiar but same problem/screen. Anyone?