Problems Installing Photoshop CS and Dreamweaver MX 204 on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by saralynn, Sep 5, 2009.

1. saralynn macrumors newbie

Hi There,

I have a Macbook Pro. I have a copy of Dreamweaver MX 2004 and Adobe Photoshop CS that I would like to install on this machine. Both of these programs are backed up on an external harddisk.

I used to to have a copy of this Photoshop working on my mac, but a few months ago, it stopped working, and I haven't been able to get it up and running since.

Here are the specs of my Mac:

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

So far I have basically tried copying these programs onto my machine from the external disk, but with no success.

Is there anyone who might have any idea what is going on with these programs, and how I can get them working again my machine?

Please let me know, your help is greatly appreciated!

Kind wishes, and looking forward to hearing back from you!

Sarah

2. LTX macrumors regular

LTX

Please elaborate on what happens when you try to run them.

Do you have the original install CDs for these programs? Generally, large programs like Adobe CS products can't be moved around between computers without a lot of hassle because they have lots of files in lots of places. If you were trying to move something like Cyberduck, which keeps everything in its package in /Applications, that would be no problem.

3. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

Have you tried reinstalling them from the original CDs?

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Since Adobe didn't introduce universal binaries until CS3, I'm surprised they work at all. I remember abandoning Dreamweaver altogether after switching to Intel and being frustrated by the poor performance of Dreamweaver 8 on Rosetta. Haven't used it since.