Problems installing Sibelius v5 for Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Faccia, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Faccia macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me out with a problem I'm having. In a nutshell, I bought the music notation software Sibelius 5 for Mac. When I got it, I installed it and opened it. The first thing I was asked to do was to enter my serial number from the box.

Me, being the complete retard that I am, entered a few digits in the wrong order, but now the program seems to have simply accepted the serial (even though it's incorrect) and locked itself, telling me that it is wrong, but not letting me do anything about it. I have tried uninstalling the program and used AppTrap to delete preference files etc. and then reinstalling but the serial number is still remembered and I keep getting the error message "Your serial appears to be corrupted/incorrect. Please contact technical support quoting this number:" then lists the incorrect number I entered.

Is there any way to delete programs completely (including serial numbers et al).

I'm quite good with computers but in relative terms! I'm by no means a programmer or anything, but remember when I was using my old Windows PC that you could get rid of such information using the registry editor. Is there an equivalent on Macs.

P.s. I'm a relatively new user to macs - only been using my MacBook for about two weeks now!

Please help though if you can! I'd really appreciate it. Need this software to work for the money I paid for it!!

Thanks guys,
    Faccia

2. chali84 macrumors newbie

HI
    I HAVE FIX THAT PROBLEM
    INSTALLING SIBELIUS
    IN MY MAC

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW IT
    EMAIL ME

chali84@hotmail.com

AND I HAVE A QUESTION
    IF YOU BOUGHT THAT SOFTWARE LEGAL
    WHY DONT YOU CALL PHONE TO SIBELIUS CUSTOMER SERVICES?

3. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Why don't you locate the caps lock key? lol xD

lol in all seriousness, it could be due to your I.P address if you're registering over the web. Why not try hooking up to a wireless router nearby (assuming you have wireless access and there is one) and retrying through that?

But as the caps locked dude said, try phoning customer services. I, thankfully, installed my copy of Sibelius 5 (student) with no hassle so I am no use apart from that.

4. chali84 macrumors newbie

i send you an email

i received your email
    and i have repond you

5. BocaDeMusica macrumors newbie

Hello, i have the same problem. I put wrong SN, and now is not possible for me, to delete this registry... I'm newbe in mac, so pls help, if you can.

Chail84,
    i wrote you email yesterday, so you can also write me by email.
    PLS HELP :)

6. born2sing5 macrumors newbie

help!

hello! ok so IT at my school installed an unregistered copy of sibelius on my laptop bc i was a music student. I've since graduated and now since my IP address/liscense server is different with my home wireless, i cannot open sibelius.:( Can anyone walk me through changing the IP address/liscense server that sibelius hooks into? I really can't afford to buy the entire software system when i have it on my pc! Any help would be amazing!!! thanks!:D