Problems - iPhone 4S with go phone sim

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Frank410, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Frank410 macrumors newbie

:mad: I bought the iPhone 4s on CL the other day for 450. I had seen some videos on youtube about the sim card glitch for T-mobile and thought it was a feasible feat. but after 3 hours of trying, I had seen no result. So I went to the AT&T store and bought a go phone sim and had it cut (T-mobile stores have a hole puncher to cut sims into a micro sim for free) and threw that in. The status bar on the 4s reads "Invalid SIM"… No splash screen. nothing. So after blowing $50 to put a prepaid plan on the sim card I have NOTHING to use now. And since the sim was punch to its smaller cousin I now have no way of even putting the sim into my unlocked 3GS just to use that prepaid plan up for the month I paid for it. Does anyone know a way to use the prepaid functionality on the 4S? I seem to remember doing this with ease on my 3GS when I used AT&T (I now use T-Mobile)

So after 450 for the iPhone + 50 for the plan in $500 in the hole with no results.
    Worst part is, No Siri..
    Forever Alone :C

Somebody help!
    Thanks

:apple: 2010 Macbook :apple: iPhone 4S 16gb white :apple: iPhone 3GS 16gb black :apple: 2001 iMac restored :apple: iPod nano 6th gen silver watch :apple: iPod video :apple: iPod nano 4th gen silver :apple: iPod nano 2nd gen silver :apple: iPod mini 1st gen pink

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Sell it and get a factory unlocked phone, then you can use your prepaid plan.

I am not sure why you paid $450 for that 4S, factory unlocked phone cost only $549 for the 8gb and $649 for the 16gb.

3. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

There are adapters for micro sims to fit in the larger sim slots.