problems jailbreaking using winpwn 2.5

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rwd hero, Sep 9, 2008.

1. rwd hero macrumors 6502

When i try to jailbreak my 3g iphone (on 2.0.2) with winpwn 2.5 i get a strange error. It says something about "Data Execution Prevention" has stoped the task. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? I tried to turn off the data execution prevention using this guide (http://www.realtime-vista.com/administration/2007/04/disabling_data_execution_preve.htm) and everything seemed to work but when i tried to pwn the phone again i got the same error. Any help would be much appreciated.

2. rwd hero thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, so i figured out my problem. Even thought my camputer was saying this error, winpwn was still able to save the custom boot file. So if you are having this problem, all you have to do is reset your phone, itunes will now open and tell you it recognizes a phone in safe mode and needs to restore. After that hold shift and select restore, it will open a file explorer, look for the file that winpwn created (mine was called Custom-iPhone1,2_2.0.2_5C1_Restore.ipsw) and select it. When i first tried this itunes gave me an error 6 message. I decided to restart the computer, restart the iphone, and try a new usb port. All worked fine and i am the proud owner of a newly pwned iphone 3g with installer and cydia.