Problems Making Calls, Jailbreak 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by tco9, Mar 6, 2012.

1. tco9 macrumors newbie

My phone recently spontaneously stopped being able to call. My phone gets stuck in the (calling...) part of the animation sequence, and I cannot speak and the person being called cannot hear me, although they receive a call. I also cannot hang up and the phone gets stuck in the (call ending...) screen, and will not come out of that screen until I quit the application completely. I have a similar problem when sending txts through bite sms when this problem happens, and it appears that it gets stuck in the (sending...) phase, however the txts are received by the other party. I did nothing to my phone application-wise before this happened, although the phone did completely run out of battery. My jailbreak is untethered through redsn0w 0.9.10b3. Any suggestions???

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I would try a restore and rejailbreak.
    What packages from cydia did you install latelly if you remember.
    Try to keep it simple and stick with the basic cydia stuff that you need and use.
    After you restore and JB start installing you stuff one by one testing to see if calls and texts send and receive ok.
    Trying to narrow down the one that would be causing this.

3. tco9 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for the advice. Last time this happened it self resolved, but before that I got error:1600 when trying to restore. I re-installed itunes, which usually fixes the problem, but it still gave me the same error message. Any good troubleshooting tips or error: 1600?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hope you dont get that error this time:)
    Make sure you have the latest itunes installed and if you're restoring to stock ipsw make sure your hosts file points to Apples servers not cydias.
    If you're using a custom IPSW make sure you enter pwned DFU before trying to install it etc...
    All the basic step by steps out there will show you exactly what and in what order. Just take your time, read and make sure you're comfortable and understand what you're doing.