Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

botorosa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
Tony <akinotebook@gmail.com>

Hi, I donto know whats gping on with my ipad2 that i just bought from s guy over the internet. my ipdad is showing the following simptoms:

1. When device power on the network is not recognized. Alsys say "NO NETWORK SIM"

2. When divice power on the touch screen only work partialy, it seems that i can touch everything but two horizintal lines on top and on the middle of the ipad

3. It seems the front camera is damaged

4. when i have the ipad on for sometime when typing something it shuts down randomly.

The ipad show many scuffs and seem that had been dropped... i cant confirm this...

anyone can help what can i do to repair it?

the ipad is out of warranty.

thanks.

boto

botorosa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
incredible that no one can gove a hint about how to fix my ipad... what kind og forum is this?? whats the foruns goal??? to help people or what??? ... so sad...

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
incredible that no one can gove a hint about how to fix my ipad... what kind og forum is this?? whats the foruns goal??? to help people or what??? ... so sad...

Sorry, but your issues are so many and varied, I don't have the time or energy to help you with all of them. I assume that's how people felt when reading your post, and that is why you haven't gotten any help. When buying used, you should always check that it works and is in good condition before you buy it. If you can't get the seller to take it back, you might consider taking it to Apple for out of warranty replacement. It costs $250, but you'll get an Apple certified refurbished iPad.

botorosa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
i tooj the ipad to a guy that fixes iphones and he told me that i need a new touch screen display... a new frontal camera .. a new sim tray and flex cable.. is this sound good advice??

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
From the description of your problems, that sounds about right. Did this guy also tell you how much he'll charge for the parts and labor? Don't even think of trying to fix it yourself, you are likely to break more parts while trying to fix it. Like I said, if you take it to Apple, it'll be $250, but you will get a refurbished unit direct from Apple, one that is guaranteed to work. I doubt you'll get such a guarantee from this guy you showed it to.

botorosa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
hi again night springs i runf apple and they told me the ipad is out of warranty... but i can send it to an apple authorised repair center but will have to pay all costs and labour. the tech guy told me that all parts and labour would be arround $$250 to $300... and give me 1month warranty. i had a look on ebay for such parts and they are not expensive... a friend of mine told me to sell it for parts that would be better and buy a refirbished one...what do you think?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I agree with your friend. Best sell it for parts instead of throwing more money after it.

botorosa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2013
hi night springs i am going to try fix it.. found on ebay many parts that are cheap but i will buy them then i will take them to the repair guy so that he can fix it... di yoy think tjis is a good idea?
otherwise do you think you can help me? if i send you the ipad then you take it to apple and i pay yoy your paypal account. am not in australia but in brazil...if you coyld help woyld be great.. here the price of apple parte are $$$$$$.. hope you can help me out.. if i sell it for parts i will not get a third of what it cost me...i tryed to talk with the seller and no reply.. he did this with lots of people..

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
hi night springs i am going to try fix it.. found on ebay many parts that are cheap but i will buy them then i will take them to the repair guy so that he can fix it... di yoy think tjis is a good idea?
otherwise do you think you can help me? if i send you the ipad then you take it to apple and i pay yoy your paypal account. am not in australia but in brazil...if you coyld help woyld be great.. here the price of apple parte are $$$$$$.. hope you can help me out.. if i sell it for parts i will not get a third of what it cost me...i tryed to talk with the seller and no reply.. he did this with lots of people..

Have no idea if this guy is wiling to work with parts you bring to him, my guess is he'd prefer to get the parts himself, you'd have to talk to him about that.

The way I see it, if you sell it for parts, you at least get some money back. If you keep trying to fix it, you keep spending more money, with no guarantee that it will get fixed. We all hate to lose money, but sometimes it's best to just cut the loss, and not throw any more money after a bad cause.

So you are in Brazil? Apple does have a Brazilian website. Read and see what services they have avaiable to you in Brazil.
http://www.apple.com/br/

I wouldn't try shipping it around the world trying to find a fix, the shipping costs alone could add up to something substantial!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.